Code a website in a day
- Kingston, ACT
69 Canberra Avenue, Kingston, ACT 2604
The workshop at a glance
This one-day course teaches you the essential foundation skills you need to start working with the wonderful world of building websites.
With our primary focus on HTML and CSS development, you’ll learn more than you ever thought possible in a day.
This workshop is aimed at people who have zero experience with coding.
Perfect for Small Business owners, School Teachers, hobbyists, bloggers, artists, designers and anyone curious about the wide and wonderful world of building websites.
By the end of the day, you’ll have the skills and know-how to be able to edit Front End code within a huge array of Content Management Systems, including WordPress, Shopify, Squarespace and others.
We are passionate about teaching the foundations of coding, teaching it well and giving you the confidence to take it where you want.
We don’t make things complicated when they can be easily understood. This is a world, a skill-set and an opportunity that is open to everyone.
We’re ready to get you started, we’re serious about how a little bit of code knowledge can go a long way.
Anyone can do this.
Some of what we’ll cover
- The building blocks of the internet and how web pages work
- Hand code HTML & CSS
- Introduction to SEO and Accessibility and how well they complement each other
- Change the way your site looks across different devices (mobile and responsive design)
- How to add images and custom fonts
- Leave at the end of the day with a multi-page responsive, SEO friendly, Accessible website that you hand-coded yourself!
- And heaps more!
For more information, workshop outlines etc, head to the Introduction to HTML & CSS homepage.