Website on a Weekend – Brisbane
- West End, QLD
Loft West End
100 Boundary Street, West End, QLD 4101
The workshop at a glance
Spend a weekend with meeum and you have real, marketable skills by the time you leave.
This class is aimed at beginners who have no experience with coding.
Perfect for Small Business owners, School Teachers, hobbyists, bloggers, artists, designers and anyone curious about the wide and wonderful world of building websites.
By the end of the workshop, you’ll have the skills and know-how to be able to edit Front End code within a huge array of Content Management Systems, including WordPress, Shopify, Squarespace and others.
We are passionate about teaching the foundations of coding, teaching it well and giving you the confidence to take it where you want.
We don’t make things complicated when they can be easily understood. This is a world, a skill-set and an opportunity that is open to everyone.
We’re ready to get you started, we’re serious about how a little bit of code knowledge can go a long way.
Anyone can do this.
Some of what we’ll cover
- How to plan your site structure to maximise your visibility to Google and other search engines
- Deep dives into SEO, Semantics and Accessibility
- Tools and techniques from an industry veteran who’s worked with some of the biggest companies on the planet (Accenture, News Limited, Qantas, ANZ, EPA to name-drop a few)
- Setup our code editors with easy to use plugins to keep our code neat and maintainable
- And heaps more!
Over the weekend, we’ll complete a number standalone projects, as well as build a complete website ready for prime time.
Some of the mini projects include:
- Embedding third-party content, like YouTube videos, Google Maps etc
- Different Display properties (block, inline, flex, grid etc)
- Fallbacks to use to support older browsers
- Make a small audio and video player
Our ‘prime time’ site will have all of the following and more:
- Multiple pages
- About us page
- Image gallery page
- Media page with audio and video
- Responsive (works across mobile, tablet and desktop)
- CSS animations
- It will also be hosted via GitHub Pages (ie: it will be viewable from anywhere)!
For more information, workshop outlines etc, head to the Website on a Weekend landing page.