What’s in it for me?
Learn the fundamentals of web development in this 3-hour hands-on intensive session.
You’ll learn how to code HTML & CSS while gaining the fundamental skills to carry your education forward.
You’ll learn best practice approaches to web development and receive a solid list of resources to keep you motivated and interested well after we finish coding together.
What we’ll cover
Together, we’ll cover the basics of HTML and CSS, the building blocks of the internet. We’ll remove the mystery and make it real and easy to understand.
We’ll talk all about HTML and create a web page. After that we’ll add style to it with CSS, explaining every step along the way.
We’ll finish up with a fantastic list of resources for you to continue with as well as an engaging and informative Q&A session.
At a glance:
- The building blocks of the internet and how webpages work
- Introduction to everything HTML and CSS
- How to write code by hand and modify the code of existing websites
- Learn how to build and design for all device types
- All about adding images
- Introduction to SEO and accessibility techniques
- How to link to other pages and sites
What you’ll leave with
- A single-page website that you have hand-coded yourself in HTML and CSS. It will contain correctly coded images, text and headings. Your web page will follow accessibility guidelines and be SEO friendly.
- Your own 100-page e-workbook that runs through the entire How To code a website program. Every step of the journey is mapped out in great detail so you can revise and keep your learning moving forward.
Anything else I should know?
Nope, nada, nothing and zilch!
This course is made for anyone who wants to learn something new and is geared for those who have zero experience coding.
An understanding of how computers generally work (installing software as well as opening and saving files) would be highly beneficial.
We will be using the VS Code text editor, so you’ll need to install that before the class.
Who will love this workshop?
Business owners, creatives, hobbyists, bloggers, teachers, parents… anyone who wants to learn to code and start their learning in the best way possible.
What should I bring?
Two of the most important things we need from our students is a positive attitude and a thirst for knowledge. We can’t give these to you on the day – you must bring them with you.
Make sure you have the following software installed:
What’s included in the “How to code a website” package?
- Have up to 5 participants on the call as we run you through the fundamentals of HTML & CSS (your choice – bring your team or keep it as a 1-on-1)
- Online workshops will be held over Zoom (you’ll receive a meeting invite with URL as soon as you confirm your booking)
- All attendees will have lifetime access to the recording of the workshop
- All attendees will receive a free copy a 100-page e-workbook that runs through the entire How To code a website program. Every step of the journey is mapped out in great detail so you can revise and keep your learning moving forward.
- All attendees will also gain access to our private Meeum Alumni Facebook group, full of people just like you – asking and answering questions around coding, SEO, digital marketing, design and business.
- All prices include GST.
How does Meeum’s online learning work?
- Check out the calendar below and select a time and date that works for you
- Submit your payment information
- You’ll receive a confirmation and meeting URL in your email
- Log in at the time of the workshop!
Book in your HTML & CSS training
Testimonials for How to Code a Website
Sam was great.
Witty and knowledgeable and to the point.
Sam is a great educator. Very engaging and encouraging. You can see
his passion and it made for a great learning environment.
This should be essential learning for all educators in the 21st
I found it an informative, well presented and interactive class.
It made the complex simple.
Excellent Trainer – could not get enough
It was a great refresher for me and now I’m keen to attend one of
the longer workshops.
when an IRL human (not a YouTuber) took me through the steps and
explained step by step, it all clicked.
I’ve always wanted to give coding a go but it seemed really hard.
This workshop has shown me that ANYONE can code!
Something which seemed so foreign just 3 hours earlier, was made
very simple to understand.
Was surprisingly easy to follow. Being able to go from something as
simple as a text file to an actual interactive page in such a short
time was great
Loved the learning environment created by Sam. I could tell he
wanted us to enjoy ourselves and that he cared about making us feel
An exceptional introduction to the topic, passionately taught with
content and a pace suitable for the curious to the dabbler.
Very interactive workshop, perfect for people with limited/no
experience-I was surprised how much I learnt in 3 hours!
Left feeling like a genius!
The workshop was a great introduction to the land of web and the
building blocks that make a website.
Very beneficial and would highly recommend it.
It was interactive, learnt so much more then I thought I would and
the presenter was AWESOME.
Very informative training. I was amazed by how much we covered in 3
The course notes provided after the class for easy reference and
recall are worth the fee alone.
I really enjoyed it, and the sense of achievement in the workshop is
Sam was exceptional and willing to answer any and all questions
throughout the session whilst also providing such a high-quality