Website Building Masterclass
- Duration: 3 days
- Maximum students: 6
What's in it for me?
This is serious – and seriously fun. Spend three days with meeum and you have real, marketable skills by the time you leave. You’ll be amazed by what you’ll learn with us in just a few days, and where you can go with this.
What we'll cover
At a glance:
- The building blocks of the internet and how web pages work
- Introduction to everything HTML and CSS, right through to more elaborate and sophisticated features and layouts
- How to write code by hand and modify the code of existing websites
- Learn how to build and design for all device types
- All about adding images
- Introduction and then in-depth skill development across SEO and accessibility techniques
- Linking to other parts of your site and external sites
- Get the confidence to jump in and edit code in Squarespace, WordPress and other programs
- Just what is this ‘semantic code’ business?
- Fine tune your CSS
- Change the way your site looks across different devices (mobile and responsive design)
- Get creative with typography by using custom fonts
- In-depth code editing and writing
- Advanced use of images in CSS
- Upload your site to the internet (go live)
- Learn techniques for structure and performance of large and complex sites
- All about industry-standard version control systems such as GIT
- Sound and movement with audio, video and animation
- Add a subscription form to your site and connect it to Mailchimp
- Make it slick – learn about cross-browser testing and ways of dealing with older browsers
Anything else I should know?
Nope, nada, nothing and zilch!
This course is made for anyone who wants to learn something new and is geared for those who have zero experience coding.
An understanding of how computers generally work (installing software as well as opening and saving files) would be highly beneficial, but we’ll go through all that on the day anyway.
Who should do this workshop?
Business owners, creatives, hobbyists, bloggers, teachers, parents…..anyone who wants to learn to code and start their learning in the best way possible.
What should I bring?
Two of the most important things we need from our students is a positive attitude and a thirst for knowledge. We can’t give these to you on the day – you must bring them with you.
As far as technical things: Bring a laptop (Mac, PC or Linux – it doesn’t matter!)
Make sure you have the following software installed:
Please also make sure you have admin rights on your computer – this means we can install things on the day and you’ll be able to save files to your hard drive.
If you’re using a computer from your employer, make sure you’ve got admin rights before you come along.
Upcoming dates for Website Building Masterclass
DOH! No upcoming workshops. Check back soon or join our mailing list.