Code a Website in a Day
- Duration: 1 day
- Maximum students: 12
What's in it for me?
Looking to become a professional web designer or developer? Or are you a small business owner who wants to be able to edit web content using Squarespace, WordPress, Shopify or any other Content Management System?
This one-day course teaches you the essential foundation skills you need.
Learn more than you ever thought possible in a day and you will be ready to take your new skills out into the wild.
What we'll cover
At a glance:
- The building blocks of the internet and how webpages work
- Introduction to everything HTML and CSS
- How to write code by hand and modify the code of existing websites
- Learn how to build and design for all device types
- All about adding images
- Introduction to SEO and accessibility techniques
- Linking and all its glory
- Have the confidence to jump in and edit code in Squarespace, WordPress, Shopify, Big Commerce, Weebly and other programs
- Just what is this ‘semantic code’ business?
- Fine tune your CSS
- Change the way your site looks across different devices (mobile and responsive design)
- Get creative with typography by using custom fonts
- In-depth code editing and writing
- Advanced use of images in CSS
- Learn how to get your site on the internet (go live)
Anything else I should know?
Nope, nada, nothing and zilch!
This course is made for anyone who wants to learn something new, and is geared for those who have zero experience coding.
An understanding of how computers generally work (installing software as well as opening and saving files) would be highly beneficial, but we’ll go through all that on the day anyway.
Who should do this workshop?
Business owners, creatives, hobbyists, bloggers, teachers, parents…..anyone who wants to learn to code and start their learning in the best way possible.
What should I bring?
Two of the most important things we need from our students is a positive attitude and a thirst for knowledge. We can’t give these to you on the day – you must bring them with you.
As far as technical things: Bring a laptop (Mac, PC or Linux – it doesn’t matter!)
Make sure you have the following software installed:
Please also make sure you have admin rights on your computer – this means we can install things on the day and you’ll be able to save files to your hard drive.
If you’re using a computer from your employer, make sure you’ve got admin rights before you come along.
Upcoming dates for Code a Website in a Day
There don't seem to be any upcoming workshops in this category. Check back soon or join our mailing list.
Keep in the know on all Meeum workshops.
Let us know your email address and we'll let you know when we're headed your way.