What’s in it for me?
Learn the fundamentals of web development in this 3-hour hands-on intensive session.
You’ll learn how to code HTML & CSS while gaining the necessary skills to carry your education forward.
You’ll learn best practice approaches to web development and receive a solid list of resources to keep you motivated and interested well after we finish coding together.
What we’ll cover
Together, we’ll cover the basics of HTML & CSS, the building blocks of the internet. We’ll remove the mystery and make it real and easy to understand.
We’ll talk all about HTML and create a web page. After that we’ll add style to it with CSS, explaining every step along the way.
We’ll finish up with a fantastic list of resources for you to continue with as well as an engaging and informative Q&A session.
At a glance:
- The building blocks of the internet and how webpages work
- Introduction to everything HTML and CSS
- How to write code by hand and modify the code of existing websites
- Learn how to build and design for all device types
- All about adding images
- Introduction to SEO and accessibility techniques
- How to link to other pages and sites
What you’ll leave with
- A single-page website that you have hand-coded yourself using HTML & CSS. It will contain correctly coded images, text and headings. Your web page will follow accessibility guidelines and be SEO friendly.
- Your own 100-page e-workbook that runs through the entire How to Code a Website program. Every step of the journey is mapped out in great detail so you can revise and keep your learning moving forward.
Anything else I should know?
Nope, nada, nothing and zilch!
This workshop is made for anyone who wants to learn something new and is geared for those who have zero experience coding.
An understanding of how computers generally work (installing software as well as opening and saving files) would be highly beneficial.
We will be using the VS Code text editor, so you’ll need to install that before the class.
This workshop can be delivered online or in person. If we’re in person, then every participant will need their own laptop.
Who will love this workshop?
Business owners, creatives, hobbyists, bloggers, teachers, students, parents… anyone who wants to learn to code and start their learning in the best way possible.
What should I bring?
Two of the most important things we need from our students is a positive attitude and a thirst for knowledge. We can’t give these to you on the day – you must bring them with you.
Make sure you have the following software installed:
What’s included in the “How to code a website” package?
- Have up to 5 participants (online or in-person) as we run you through the fundamentals of HTML & CSS (your choice – bring your team or keep it as a 1-on-1)
- Online workshops will be held over Zoom (you’ll receive a meeting invite with URL as soon as you confirm your booking)
- In-person workshops can be held at your premises or ours – get in touch to chat about options.
- Yes, we can travel. While Meeum is based in Melbourne, we’ve also delivered this workshop live in many other cities, including Sydney, Brisbane, Adelaide, Canberra, Geelong, The Gold Coast and The Sunshine Coast – we’re more than happy to come to you!
- All attendees will receive a copy our 100-page e-workbook that runs through the entire How to Code a Website program. Every step of the journey is mapped out in great detail so you can revise and keep your learning moving forward.
- All attendees will also gain access to our private Meeum Alumni Facebook group, full of people just like you – asking and answering questions around coding, SEO, digital marketing, design and business.
- All prices include GST.
Book in your online HTML & CSS training
We can deliver this program live, or online over Zoom.
We are happy to travel for any live delivery.Get in touch to discuss the needs of you and your team or submit the following form:
Testimonials for How to Code a Website
Sam was great.
Witty and knowledgeable and to the point.
Sam is a great educator. Very engaging and encouraging. You can see his passion and it made for a great learning environment.
This should be essential learning for all educators in the 21st century.
I found it an informative, well presented and interactive class.
It made the complex simple.
Excellent Trainer – could not get enough
It was a great refresher for me and now I’m keen to attend one of the longer workshops.
When an IRL human (not a YouTuber) took me through the steps and explained step by step, it all clicked.
I’ve always wanted to give coding a go but it seemed really hard.
This workshop has shown me that ANYONE can code!
Something which seemed so foreign just 3 hours earlier, was made very simple to understand.
Was surprisingly easy to follow. Being able to go from something as simple as a text file to an actual interactive page in such a short time was great
Loved the learning environment created by Sam. I could tell he wanted us to enjoy ourselves and that he cared about making us feel at ease.
An exceptional introduction to the topic, passionately taught with content and a pace suitable for the curious to the dabbler.
Very interactive workshop, perfect for people with limited/no experience-I was surprised how much I learnt in 3 hours!
Left feeling like a genius!
The workshop was a great introduction to the land of web and the building blocks that make a website.
Very beneficial and would highly recommend it.
It was interactive, learnt so much more then I thought I would and the presenter was AWESOME.
Very informative training. I was amazed by how much we covered in 3 hours.
The course notes provided after the class for easy reference and recall are worth the fee alone.
I really enjoyed it, and the sense of achievement in the workshop is really good.
Sam was exceptional and willing to answer any and all questions throughout the session whilst also providing such a high-quality class.