$1,320.00 (inc GST)
- Learn the fundamentals of HTML and CSS in this 3-hour hands-on workshop.
- No prior knowledge required.
- Live and online at a time that suits you.
- Together, we’ll hand-code your first website!
What’s in it for me?
Learn the fundamentals of web development in this 3-hour hands-on intensive session.
You’ll learn how to code HTML & CSS while gaining the necessary skills to carry your education forward.
You’ll learn best practice approaches to web development and receive a solid list of resources to keep you motivated and interested well after we finish coding together.
What we’ll cover
Together, we’ll cover the basics of HTML & CSS, the building blocks of the internet. We’ll remove the mystery and make it real and easy to understand.
We’ll talk all about HTML and create a web page. After that we’ll add style to it with CSS, explaining every step along the way.
We’ll finish up with a fantastic list of resources for you to continue with as well as an engaging and informative Q&A session.
At a glance:
- The building blocks of the internet and how webpages work
- Introduction to everything HTML and CSS
- How to write code by hand and modify the code of existing websites
- Learn how to build and design for all device types
- All about adding images
- Introduction to SEO and accessibility techniques
- How to link to other pages and sites
What you’ll leave with
- A single-page website that you have hand-coded yourself using HTML & CSS. It will contain correctly coded images, text and headings. Your web page will follow accessibility guidelines and be SEO friendly.
- Your own 100-page e-workbook that runs through the entire HTML and CSS For Everyone program. Every step of the journey is mapped out in great detail so you can revise and keep your learning moving forward.
Anything else I should know?
Nope, nada, nothing and zilch!
This workshop is made for anyone who wants to learn something new and is geared for those who have zero experience coding.
An understanding of how computers generally work (installing software as well as opening and saving files) would be highly beneficial.
We will be using the VS Code text editor, so you’ll need to install that before the class.
This workshop can be delivered online or in person. If we’re in person, then every participant will need their own laptop.
Who will love this workshop?
Business owners, creatives, hobbyists, bloggers, teachers, students, parents… anyone who wants to learn to code and start their learning in the best way possible.
The skills you’ll gain over the course will be of benefit to businesses big and small, including builders, trades, artists, bands, designers, freelancers etc. This course is also perfect for teachers, who need to rapidly upskill in digital technologies and gain the confidence to teach and learn alongside their students.
Creative Professionals – we’re talking web designers, UX designers, Project Managers. Sick of scratching your head in technical meetings when hearing unfamiliar terms? Keen to jump into the browser and communicate with your dev team in code?
Business owners – ever wondered how to effectively edit your own website (or even start learning how to build the whole thing from scratch)?
Bloggers – bet you’d love to know the ins and outs of HTML so you could start to have a poke around inside those WordPress themes to understand and change them.
HTML and CSS For Everyone is also perfect for someone thinking of a career change, but not quite sure they’re ready to jump into a multi-year computer science degree.
What should I bring?
Two of the most important things we need from our students are a positive attitude and a thirst for knowledge. We can’t give these to you on the day – you must bring them with you.
Make sure you have the following software installed:
- Visual Studio Code text editor
- You can use whichever web browser you’re most comfortable with, although we will be using Firefox.
How does the HTML & CSS training work?
- Have up to 10 participants (online or in-person) as we run you through the fundamentals of HTML & CSS (your choice – bring your team or keep it as a 1-on-1)
- Online workshops will be held over Zoom (you’ll receive a meeting invite with the URL as soon as you confirm your booking)
- In-person workshops can be held at your premises or ours – get in touch to chat about options.
- Yes, we can travel. While Meeum is based in Melbourne, we’ve also delivered this workshop live in many other cities, including Sydney, Brisbane, Adelaide, Canberra, Geelong, The Gold Coast and The Sunshine Coast – we’re more than happy to come to you!
What’s included in the “HTML and CSS For Everyone” package?
- All attendees will receive a copy our 100-page e-workbook that runs through the entire HTML and CSS For Everyone program. Every step of the journey is mapped out in great detail so you can revise and keep your learning moving forward.
- All attendees will also gain access to our private Meeum Alumni Facebook group, full of people just like you – asking and answering questions about coding, SEO, digital marketing, design and business.
- All attendees will have lifetime access to the recording of the workshop
- All prices include GST.
Book in your online HTML & CSS training
If you’re ready to book your online HTML & CSS training, then choose a date and time that suits and we’ll see you soon!
If you have questions that aren’t covered here or want to book in-person training, please complete the enquiry form below the booking calendar.
We can deliver this program live or online.
We are happy to travel for any live delivery. Travel costs may apply.Get in touch to discuss the needs of you and your team or submit the following form:
Testimonials for HTML and CSS For Everyone
Sam was great.
Witty and knowledgeable and to the point.
Sam is a great educator. Very engaging and encouraging. You can see his passion and it made for a great learning environment.
This should be essential learning for all educators in the 21st century.
I found it an informative, well presented and interactive class.
It made the complex simple.
Excellent Trainer – could not get enough
It was a great refresher for me and now I’m keen to attend one of the longer workshops.
When an IRL human (not a YouTuber) took me through the steps and explained step by step, it all clicked.
I’ve always wanted to give coding a go but it seemed really hard.
This workshop has shown me that ANYONE can code!
Something which seemed so foreign just 3 hours earlier, was made very simple to understand.
Was surprisingly easy to follow. Being able to go from something as simple as a text file to an actual interactive page in such a short time was great
Loved the learning environment created by Sam. I could tell he wanted us to enjoy ourselves and that he cared about making us feel at ease.
An exceptional introduction to the topic, passionately taught with content and a pace suitable for the curious to the dabbler.
Very interactive workshop, perfect for people with limited/no experience-I was surprised how much I learnt in 3 hours!Left feeling like a genius!
The workshop was a great introduction to the land of web and the building blocks that make a website.Very beneficial and would highly recommend it.
It was interactive, learnt so much more then I thought I would and the presenter was AWESOME.
Very informative training. I was amazed by how much we covered in 3 hours.
The course notes provided after the class for easy reference and recall are worth the fee alone.
I really enjoyed it, and the sense of achievement in the workshop is really good.
Sam was exceptional and willing to answer any and all questions throughout the session whilst also providing such a high-quality class.